Refreshing, reliable, resourceful. And with personality. We believe in speaking the same language as our clients (not Shakespearian) and using technology to improve the efficiency of delivering services to them. We believe in applying our legal knowledge and experience to simplify the law world into something that our clients understand. A “cut the crap” and down-to-earth, progressive yet professional firm that clients trust. We want to deliver the reliability, professionalism and quality of traditional legal services minus the intimidation, minus the hidden costs, minus the after-taste of seeing a lawyer. We want to ensure that our clients get what they need, with personable and understanding customer service. You should love your lawyer!
So, basically, our firm is not your typical law firm and doesn’t want to be and, quite honestly, never will be. We are looking for an amazing Real Estate Assistant to assist our fantastic and dynamic but busy team to help out with everything we help our clients do in their real estate lives. This is a great opportunity to apply your knowledge, skills and experience in a role that will leave you feeling valued, engaged and professionally fulfilled!
Do you have…
- Bachelor’s degree, a college diploma or certificate in Legal Administrative Assistant studies, or similar, from a recognized educational institution or sufficient in-house training and experience from a law firm or other professional services firm;
- At least 1 year of retail or serving experience
- Strong eagerness to learn and build foundational knowledge in real estate
- Willingness to take initiative with the projects on your desk from beginning to end and work independently to take pride in your own work, but know when to ask for help from your teammates without spinning your wheels
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize projects effectively
- Great attention to detail, meticulous and organized (almost overly)
- Computer skills in Word (bullets, formatting, basic troubleshooting), Excel (basic spreadsheets)
- Excellent, pleasant and professional communication skills on the phone, email and in-person
- Hardworking and team-oriented attitude
Duties will include:
- organizing and expediting work flow of the lawyer or other professionals;
- preparing basic legal documents based on general precedents and under the supervision of a lawyer;
- maintaining records and files to assist lawyers or other professionals;
- performing searches on government and other databases;
- drafting correspondence;
- making appointments with clients and ongoing interaction with clients, including in-person meetings;
- file maintenance including a bring forward system;
- preparing invoices;
- following up on outstanding Accounts Receivable;
- preparing general and trust cheques as requested by the lawyers and other professionals; and
- performing general office, administrative, accounting and clerical duties as assigned in accordance with the Company’s mission and strategic direction as conveyed through the Company performance management program and goals to continuously improve the Company’s operations with the goal of making it a profitable and successful enterprise.
In return you will have the opportunity to really progress your career as experience gained in this position and working with us will be highly invaluable and in demand. If you’re interested in focusing in on a career in the real estate world, or want to progress into a real estate paralegal later in your career, then this is a great opportunity for you. Not going to lie, this is a busy position, but in a fun and refreshing culture!
Check out our website to learn more, as personality and cultural fit is our number one hiring criteria. Please apply with your resume and cover letter showing off your personality, your available start dates, and answering why you are our amazing Real Estate Assistant by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free parking is available within walking distance to the office and totally accessible by bus and SeaBus.
We thank everyone who puts in the effort to submit an application but, unfortunately we only have time to contact those candidates who have been selected for an interview.