We’re looking for lawyers who will deliver outstanding quality work, fit right into our team, and #lovewhereyouwork office environment (basically, those looking for old school law firm charm or traditional mahogany bookshelves need not apply).
Here are some of the things we think are important
- At least 3 years of legal experience (and prefer at least 1 year of retail, hospitality or client-facing work experience)
- Strong eagerness to learn and build foundational knowledge in our practice areas (particularly in corporate and real estate)
- Willingness to take initiative with the projects on your desk from beginning to end and work independently to take pride in your own work, but know when to ask for help from your teammates without spinning your wheels
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize projects effectively
- Great attention to detail, meticulous and organized (almost overly)
- Work nicely and respectfully with others
- Friendly, pleasant and professional communication skills on the phone, email and in-person
In return you will have the opportunity to really develop personally and professionally and participate in building a practice you love. We’re not going to lie, this is a busy position in a busy firm, but in a fun and refreshing culture! Learn more about us before applying, as cultural and personality fit is our main hiring criteria.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter showing off your personality, your available start dates, salary expectations, and answering why you’re the rockstar we’re looking for by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re applying for an articling position, please don’t respond to this posting. We’re possibly looking at applicants who can start in the spring, but won’t be interviewing until a little later. We know how it feels and sorry to sound discouraging right now, but one thing at a time for us.
We thank everyone who puts in the effort to submit an application and we will try to get back to everyone who applies, but can’t guarantee it!