Refreshing, reliable, resourceful. And with personality. We believe in speaking the same language as our clients (not Shakespearian) and using technology to improve the efficiency of delivering services to them. We believe in applying our legal knowledge and experience to simplify the law world into something that our clients understand. A “cut the crap” and down-to-earth, progressive yet professional firm that clients trust. We want to deliver the reliability, professionalism and quality of traditional legal services minus the intimidation, minus the hidden costs, minus the after-taste of seeing a lawyer. We want to ensure that our clients get what they need, with personable and understanding customer service. You should love your lawyer!
So, basically, our firm is not your typical law firm and doesn’t want to be and, quite honestly, never will be. This is a great opportunity to apply your knowledge, skills and experience in a role that will leave you feeling valued, engaged and professionally fulfilled!
Do you have…
- Paralegal certificate or diploma (from Capilano University preferred)
- At least 4-6 years of professional work experience as a corporate paralegal
- At least 1 year of retail or serving experience
- Strong eagerness to learn and build foundational knowledge in corporate
- Willingness to take initiative with the projects on your desk from beginning to end and work independently to take pride in your own work, but know when to ask for help from your teammates without spinning your wheels
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize projects effectively
- Great attention to detail, meticulous and organized (almost overly)
- Computer skills in Word (bullets, formatting, basic troubleshooting), Excel (basic spreadsheets)
- Excellent, pleasant and professional communication skills on the phone, email and in-person
- Hardworking and team-oriented attitude
Duties will include:
- No Dictation (none and never)
- Drafting letters and documents
- Setting appointments for clients and ongoing interaction with clients
- File maintenance including a bring forward system
- Billing, accounting and collections procedures
- Perform searches and registrations on BC Online (including PPSA registrations, title searches, etc.)
- Generate ALF documents for filing company information, incorporations, amalgamations, dissolutions, etc.
- Prepare corporate documents, supporting banking documents, corporate/commercial documentation
- Prepare closing books of documents – copying and printing
- Asset and share purchase and sale transactions from due diligence to closing
- Tax transactions like estate freezes and rollovers
- Maintain and nurture long-term client relationships
In return you will have the opportunity to really progress your career as experience gained in this position and working with us will be highly invaluable and in demand. If you’re interested in focusing in on a career as a corporate paralegal or to do corporate paralegal work with a bit of something else, this is a great opportunity to learn and have some variety too. This is a busy position but in a fun and refreshing culture!
Check out our website to learn more, as personality and cultural fit are our number one hiring criteria. Please apply with your resume and a cover letter showing off your personality, your available start dates, and answering why you are our Rockstar Corporate Paralegal by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free parking is available within walking distance to the office and totally accessible by transit.
We thank everyone who puts in the effort to submit an application but unfortunately, we only have time to contact those candidates who have been selected for an interview.