We know it’s been a crazy year… and COVID-19 has probably left you feeling a little discouraged. Look no further because Paperclip Law looking for a super rad summer student to join our fantastic and dynamic but super busy team for the next few months! We’re looking for a student with an eager beaver attitude, fit right into our team, and #lovewhereyouwork office environment (basically, those looking for old school law firm charm or traditional mahogany bookshelves need not apply).
Here are some of the things we think are important:
- At least one year of law school under your belt (and prefer at least 1 year of retail, hospitality or client-facing work experience).
- Strong eagerness to learn and build foundational knowledge in our practice areas (particularly in Wills and estate and corporate).
- Willingness to take initiative and work independently, but know when to ask for help from your teammates without spinning your wheels.
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize projects effectively.
- Great attention to detail, meticulous and organized (almost overly).
- Work nicely and respectfully with others.
- Friendly, pleasant and professional communication skills on the phone, email and in-person.
In return you will have the opportunity to really develop personally and professionally. We’re not going to lie, this is a busy position in a busy firm, but with a fun and refreshing culture! Learn more about us before applying, as cultural and personality fit is our main hiring criteria.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter showing off your personality, your available start dates, salary expectations, and answering why you’re the rockstar we’re looking for by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re looking for an articling position, please don’t respond to this posting. We are not currently looking for articling students for the 2021 year. We know how it feels and sorry to sound discouraging right now, but one thing at a time for us.
We thank everyone who puts in the effort to submit an application and we will try to get back to everyone who applies, but can’t guarantee it!